MLOC Utility Codes
Several types of utility programs are essential to efficient use of mloc. These include several programs for converting arrival time datasets to mloc’s native data format (MNF), a program for searching MNF Bulletins (concatenations of event files), and several programs for editing MNF files efficiently.
Data Format Conversion Codes
These are two of the most commonly encountered data formats for arrival times. Contact me if you need help with conversion from other formats.
- isc_ims2mnf: conversion to MNF from the version of IMS format returned by the bulletin search function of the ISC website. Download (release date 11/27/2018, upload date 8/11/2019)
- seisan2mnf: conversion to MNF from the “nordic” format produced by SEISAN. Download (release date 1/10/2018, upload date 8/11/2019)
- mnf_search: search a bulletin in MNF format and extract events selected according to various criteria into a new bulletin or into individual event files (as used by mloc). Download (release date 3/4/2019, upload date 8/11/2019)
- lres: batch processing to flag a set of readings across multiple event files listed in one of the standard output files of mloc, according to the size of “cluster residuals” (normalized, demeaned travel-time residuals). Flagged readings will not be used in future runs. Download (release date 11/22/2017, upload date 8/11/2019)
- rstat: an interactive program to explore cluster residuals, an essential aid to manual editing (flagging) of outlier readings. Download (release date 1/30/2019, upload date 8/11/2019)
- xdat: batch process to flag readings with very large residuals, relative to other observations of that seismic phase. Download (release date 11/7/2017, upload date 8/11/2019)
Last Updated on