MLOC Funding Support
The following list of projects covers the major sources of research funding that have supported the development of mloc, in reverse chronological order.
- A Global Database of Calibrated Earthquake Locations, Air Force Research Laboratory FA9453-17-C-0021, E.A. Bergman, 2017-2020.
- A Two-Tiered Approach to Event Calibration Across Iran, Air Force Research Laboratory, E. Nissen, E. Karasozen and E.A. Bergman
- Seismotectonics of the Zagros (Iran) from Orogen-wide Earthquake Relocations, National Science Foundation EAR 1524815, E. Nissen, E. Karasozen and E.A. Bergman, 2016-2018.
- Calibration of Earthquake Locations using Multiple Event Processing Methods, U.S. Geological Survey G16PX01490, E.A. Bergman, 2016-2017.
- Application of Calibrated Multiple Event Relocation at the National Earthquake Information Center, U.S. Geological Survey G14AP00131, E.A. Bergman, 2014-2015.
- Is Continental Collision Thick- or Thin-skinned? Combining local seismicity with Receiver Functions in the Zagros Fold-and-Thrust Belt, National Science Foundation EAR 1246287, V. Schulte-Pelkum and E.A. Bergman, 2013-2015.
- Crustal and Upper Mantle Structure from Joint Inversion of Body Wave and Gravity Data, Air Force Research Laboratory FA9453-11-1-0233, M. Maceira, E.A. Bergman and C. Rowe, 2012-2014.
- Multiple Event Relocation at the National Earthquake Information Center, U.S. Geological Survey G11AP20016, E.A. Bergman, 2011-2012.
- Crustal Structure of the Iran Region from In-Country and Ground Truth Data, Air Force Research Laboratory FA8718-08-C-0020, E.A. Bergman, E.R. Engdahl, M.H. Ritzwoller and S.C. Myers, 2009-2011.
- Improved Ground Truth in Southern Asia Using In-Country Data, Analyst Waveform Review and Advanced Algorithms, Dept. of Energy DE-FC52-03NA99516, E.R. Engdahl, E.A. Bergman and S.C. Myers, 2004-2007.
- Global Ground Truth Data Set with Waveform and Arrival Data, Air Force Research Laboratory AFRL-RV-HA-TR-2007-1101, I. Bondar, E.A. Bergman, B. Kohl, Y-L Kung, K. McLaughlin, H. Israelsson and E.R. Engdahl, 2004-2007.
- Identification and Validation of Reference Events within the Area Regionally Monitored by IMS Stations in Asia and North Africa, Defense Threat Reduction Agency DTRA01-00-C-0032, E.R. Engdahl and E.A. Bergman, 2000-2003.
The initial phase of mloc development in the late 1980s was supported by two grants from the National Science Foundation, EAR 8617967 and 8817173, and one from the National Aeronautics and Space Administration NAG 5-814, all with Sean Solomon as PI. Support also came from the U.S. Geological Survey External Grants Program in a project to study foreshock-mainshock-aftershock sequences with detailed source studies using body waveform inversion and multiple event relocation (my first funded proposal). All details of this project have disappeared into null space.
No work was done on mloc between 1990 and 1998.